Most Americans aren’t prepared for a pet health emergency.
- Nearly 70 percent of households in the U.S. own a pet
- Of those pets, it is estimated that 1 in 3 will need emergency veterinary treatment every year
- The average cost for unexpected veterinary care for dogs and cats is between $800 and $1,500
- Only 39 percent of Americans have enough in savings to cover a $1,000 emergency
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses is one of the leading causes of bankruptcy for people
Aside from having emergency funds built into the family budget, pet health insurance is a great resource to help with medical costs for a pet.
Read more here.