Report Participants (2021)
- Crum & Forster (U.S. & Canada)
- Embrace Pet Insurance (U.S.)
- Fetch by The Dodo (U.S. & Canada)
- FIGO Pet Insurance (U.S.)
- Healthy Paws Pet Insurance & Foundation (U.S.)
- Independence Pet Group (U.S.)
- Lemonade (U.S.)
- Liberty Mutual Pet Insurance (U.S.)
- ManyPets Pet Insurance (U.S.)
- MetLife Pet Insurance (U.S.)
- Nationwide Pet Insurance (U.S.)
- Petcoach / Petco (U.S.)
- Petline Insurance (Canada)
- Pets Best (U.S.)
- Prudent Pet (U.S.)
- Pumpkin Pet Insurance (U.S.)
- Spot Pet Insurance (U.S.)
- Trupanion (U.S. & Canada)
All statistics and figures presented in the NAPHIA State of the Industry Report are based on the data submitted by the qualifying NAPHIA members, and report participants Petline. The data was gathered by means of a survey questionnaire/data call by Willis Towers Watson, an independent third party organization that manages the collection and compilation of the survey data. The data was reviewed in detail and reasonableness tests were conducted to ensure that the data was reported accurately. Follow-ups are also conducted with participants to validate certain findings.
NAPHIA has partnered with Willis Towers Watson to produce the State of the Industry Report since 2010. Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW) is a leading global advisory, brokering and solutions company that helps clients around the world. With over 45,000 employees in more than 140 different countries, they provide solutions to individuals and institutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent and expand the power of capital.
All dollar amounts are expressed in the country’s currency and based on the rates of exchange for the given year.
Aggregate Results Compiled
“In-Force data” is based on End-of-Year (EOY) results as at December 31, as submitted in the survey questionnaire/data call. In-Force GWP and Total Insured Pets data are as at December 31.