In 2013, NAPHIA formed a Veterinary Relations Committee, headed up by Dr. Mary Beth Leininger. A past President of the AVMA, Dr. Mary Beth also had extensive experience with the veterinary industry, academia, and professional organizations, with a focus on veterinary education and support for the profession. Under her leadership over 2015 and 2016, NAPHIA undertook a groundbreaking research initiative with Leiberman Research Worldwide and Brakke Consulting’s highly respected veterinary and business consultant, John Volk.
Today, NAPHIA’s Veterinary working group has evolved to continue to build on the strong foundation established by Dr. Mary Beth (now retired), NAPHIA’s Board of Directors and our member organizations.
NAPHIA’s current Veterinary Relations Committee:
- Steven Shell, Vice President, Channel Development, Petplan – CHAIR
- Carol McConnell, Chief Veterinary Officer, Nationwide
- Donna Cejalvo, Vice President Marketing, Pets Best
- Craig Galbraith, DVM, Chief Veterinary Advisor, Pethealth Inc.
- John Volk, Brakke Consulting, Special Advisor
Working with veterinary officers from across our member organizations, the Veterinary Relations Committee works to develop partnerships with professional veterinary bodies and to help further our education efforts regarding the positive impacts of pet health insurance on veterinary practice.