In 2013, NAPHIA formed a Veterinary Relations Committee, headed up by Dr. Mary Beth Leininger.
In addition to 28 years experience as a practicing veterinarian, Dr. Mary Beth has extensive experience with the veterinary industry, academia, and professional organizations (including not-for-profits), with focus on veterinary education and support for the profession.
Some of her key roles have included:
- Vice President, Veterinary Relations, with The Hartville Group, Inc
- Project Manager, North American Veterinary Medical Education Consortium
- Director, Professional Affairs, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc
- President, American Veterinary Medical Association
- President, Michigan Veterinary Medical Association
- Dean’s Advisory Committee, Purdue University, School of Veterinary Medicine
Working with veterinary officers from across our member organizations, Dr. Mary Beth is working on behalf of NAPHIA to develop partnerships with professional veterinary bodies and to help further our education efforts regarding the positive impacts of pet health insurance on veterinary practice.
In October 2013, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accepted the Veterinary Relations Committee’s recommended guidelines for veterinarians and pet owners: