NAPHIA’s purpose in North America is to:
- Collectively drive growth for, and acceptance of, the pet health insurance (PHI) industry, its members, and its products through public and industry awareness initiatives, shared resources, and industry transparency
- Be a neutral voice for the reporting and dissemination of information about the benefits of PHI, and the industry, while promoting competitive choice for consumers about how pet insurance functions as well as the spectrum of coverage options available
- Explore and develop partnerships with other insurance, industry, animal welfare organizations and professionals who share complimentary aspects of our work and mandate
- Provide support to individual NAPHIA member companies in educating, marketing, and disseminating information on the industry across a wide variety of audiences and markets.
The North American Pet Health Insurance Association (NAPHIA) is a freestanding body comprised of reputable and experienced pet health insurance companies and pet health professionals.
As a self-governing, regulating and supporting organization, we are committed to advancing and growing our industry by pooling resources, sharing information, and working together to identify and address challenges and opportunities.
- To set high standards for the industry on service, coverage and transparency.
- To be a central resource for the reporting and dissemination of information on PHI.
- To ensure a better quality of life for pets (and their people), by supporting our members in the offering and promotion of the broadest possible spectrum of pet health insurance coverage options.
We are driven to reduce the stress on families caused by pet medical treatment situations that are so often impacted by an additional layer of financial trauma.
We are advocates for dogs and cats in insurance standards, as well as federal and regional regulatory environments, where pets are considered merely “property” — on the same level as your home, car or boat.
We are committed to educating pet parents, families, the pet health community and the media about why pet health insurance should be considered one of the important covenants or precepts of responsible pet ownership.
We are dedicated to working with the veterinary profession to advance the quality, frequency and accessibility of veterinary medical treatment for the pets of North America.