North American Pet Health Insurance Association
“NAPHIA’s Care Enough” Online Contest
1) The “NAPHIA’s Care Enough” online contest (hereinafter: the “Contest”) is brought to you by the North American Pet Health Insurance Association. The Contest runs across North America encompassing all of the States in the United States of America, and the Provinces and Territories in Canada. The contest runs from September 1, 2012 at 6:00 a.m. CST to Sunday, September 30, 12:00 a.m. CST.
2) This Contest is open to all persons residing in North America encompassing all of the States in the United States of America, and the Provinces and Territories in Canada who have reached the age of 21 years or older as of the first day of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the preceding, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, (including their respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies), their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to this contest or any other party directly linked to the holding of this Contest (the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” includes: father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives reside.
HOW TO ENTER
3) No purchase necessary. To enter, you must comply with the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules within the Contest Period. Online entries will be accepted from Saturday, September 1 at 6:00 a.m. CST to Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. CST on our website at www.naphia.org. Submissions can be no longer than 500 words in length, and must comply with the theme of the contest as dictated by the North American Pet Health Insrance Association in the “Contest” description (below).
4) Entrants must comply with the following conditions, otherwise the Contest Organizers reserve the right to cancel one or more of their entries and/or disqualify the entrant from participating in the Contest.
a) There is a limit of one entry per person during the Contest period.
b) To enter, a person must describe their experience in either or, and may include an image of their own, or their pet’s likeness:
- “I’m happy I have pet insurance because…”
- “I wish I had pet insurance because…”
5) By entering, the person understands and agrees to have their entry used and/or likeness(s) by NAPHIA for future communications materials which include NAPHIA’s website, social media networks, newsletters, promotional materials, and more.
6) There are 3 prizes to be won:
Grand Prize:A 16gb Apple® ipad2® and a $250 donation to their pet charity of choice
Runner-Up Prize: A prize package worth $250 of pet related products
Third Prize: A prize package worth $100 of pet related products
None of the prizes may be be exchanged for cash value and are not transferrable.
7) There will be 3 seperate winners. All winners will be determined by NAPHIA management staff, and will be based on who presents the most effective experience and story as specified in the Contest rules and regulations.
8) The criteria for selection will be that the entrant best demonstrates one or any combination of the following criteria:
a.) Financial impact due to not having/having pet insurance
b.) Most moving and compelling story
c.) Most personal subjective impact due to their pet having/not having pet insurance
In the event of a tie, the eligible entrants name will be entered into a random draw
9) There is a limit of one prize per person and per household. Any potential winner selected in this Contest who does not comply with this condition will automatically be disqualified and another draw will take place to designate a winner. A photo identification with name, picture and birth date must be provided upon claiming each prize. Winners failing to provide such identification will have prizes withheld until proper identification can be provided.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
10) In order to be declared a winner, each selected potential winner must be in compliance with these Contest Rules and in particular, the following:
10.1) Grand prize winner must choose a charity choice to donate $250 to.
10.2) The Contest Organizers must be able to reach the potential winner by phone within seven (7) days of the date on which the winner was selected.
10.3) Prizes will be shipped in a package from NAPHIA’s office and will require the signature of the winner to claim.
10.4) If required, sign a publicity release and liability waiver form (hereinafter: the “Release Form”) sent by the Contest Organizers and return it to them within seven (7) days of receipt.
11) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. In the event the potential or declared winner fails to comply with any one of the conditions set out above or any other conditions set out in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and if time allows, a new draw for the prize will be held in accordance with these Contest Rules, until an entrant is selected and declared a winner, without affecting the order in which other prizes are awarded.
12) Within seven (7) days following the moment the contestants are declared winners, the Contest Organizers will inform all winners on how their prize will be delivered by phone or email.
13) Verification. Qualification is subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any information gathered which is incomplete, incomprehensible, inaudible, illegible, fraudulent, mutilated, altered, contains false information or is not received within the Contest Period or otherwise does not confirm to these Contest Rules will automatically be rendered invalid and will not entitle such entrant to be eligible for a prize.
14) Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to other entrants. Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest Rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Contest Organizers reserve the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future contests. Such person may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
15) Non compliance/eligibility. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared. Any potential or declared winner who is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, must so inform the Contest Organizers immediately upon being contacted by the Contest Organizers.
16) Acceptance of prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in full or in part for cash, subject to the section below.
17) Substitution of prize. In the event it is impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or part of a prize) as described in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers reserve the right to award a prize (or part of a prize) of similar nature and equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the prize (or of the part of the prize) in cash.
18)Refusal of a prize. The refusal by a potential or declared winner to accept any prize awarded in accordance with the Contest Rules, releases and forever discharges the Contest Organizers and their agents of all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.
19) Liability limit – use of prize. Each entrant and any potential or declared winner releases the Contest Organizers, their subsidiaries, respective divisions, their parent corporations, their advertising and promotional agencies, their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (hereinafter: the “Beneficiaries”) from any and all liability for any and all damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of his/her prize. In order to be declared a winner and prior to obtaining his/her prize, any potential or declared winner agrees to sign a declaration to such effect in the Release Form.
20) Liability limit – running of the contest. The Beneficiaries are not liable for faulty phone lines, computer components, software, or links; the loss or non-existence of communications capability; or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that make it difficult, or render a user unable, to enter the contest; problems with any website or website feature howsoever caused, the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone or network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; or the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”. The Beneficiaries are not liable for any harm contestants may suffer directly or indirectly as a result of downloading any Web page or software or transmitting any information related to entry in the Contest. Further, the Beneficiaries assume no responsibility for phone calls or information lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected.
21) Web site access. The Beneficiaries do not guarantee access to or non-interruption of the Web site during the Contest Period or that it will be exempt from any errors.
22) Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules.
23) Limit of prizes. In no event shall the Beneficiaries be obligated to award more prizes than set out in these Contest Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
24) Impossibility to act – labour dispute. The Beneficiaries shall not be responsible for any damages for a failure to operate the Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules in any case where their incapacity to act results from circumstances or a situation beyond their reasonable control or because of a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their company or those of businesses which services are used for holding this Contest, war, riot, insurrection, earthquake, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, accident, storm or any other act of nature.
25) Liability limit– participation. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest releases the Beneficiaries from any and all liability for damages which he/she could suffer from participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
26) Authorization. By entering this Contest, each declared winner and entrant consents to the Contest Organizers, and their representatives to use, at their sole discretion and if required, their name, photograph, likeness, testimonial, place of residence and/or voice without compensation whatsoever and that, without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that may be considered relevant. A declaration to such effect will be included in the Release Form.
27) Communication with entrants. No communication (other than while registering) or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in the context of this Contest with the exception of selected entrants or declared winner.
28) Personal information. Contestant personal information that is collected in this Contest will be used solely by the Contest Organizers, and their representatives for the administration of the Contest. There will be no communication of commercial or of any other nature, unrelated to this Contest sent to an entrant, unless such entrant gives specific authorization to the Contest Organizers for that specific purpose.
29) Decisions of the Contest Organizers. All decisions of the Contest Organizers or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding.
30) Unenforceability. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared or ruled by a Court of Law as illegal, unenforceable or void, that section will be deemed void but all other sections not affected will be enforced as allowed by Law.
31) Jurisdiction. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.